No time? No problem. A clean home doesn’t require as much scrubbing, dusting, and disinfecting as you thought.
Here are 13 easy suggestions on fast cleaning tips!
- Dust and vacuum your bedroom weekly and try microfibre dusters that grab and hold dust instead of spreading it around.
- Wash your bedding each week and pillows, quilts, and comforters every 2 to 3 months.
- Clean your sponge. Microwave your wet sponge or run it through the dishwasher daily. And for tasks that don’t require a sponge, like giving your countertops a once-over, opt instead for paper towels.
- Spritz the kitchen sink, counter-tops, and cutting boards with an antimicrobial spray after preparing every meal.
- Load the dishwasher or wash dishes each night. Wet, food-spattered surfaces are an ideal breeding ground for bugs.
- Swab the fridge handle and telephone with an antimicrobial cleaner daily to cut down on trading.
- Sweep up kitchen crumbs daily with a dry cloth sweeper and then toss the pad for a quick cleanup.
- Clean the remote control, computer mouse, and keyboard with disinfectant wipes once a week and more often if a family member has a cold or flu.
- Dust, vacuum and mop weekly.
- Wipe down the bathroom sink, faucet, shower drain, and toilet seat once a week with an antimicrobial cleaner. If a quick in-between cleanup is needed, it’s fine to use disposable sanitizing towelettes.
- Use an after-shower spray regularly to prevent mildew and grime buildup.
- Drop a toilet tablet with bleach into the toilet tank every 3 months to effectively kill germs.
- Discard your plastic or vinyl shower-curtain liner every 6 months; after that it will take an enormous effort to keep it mold free.
For more helpful cleaning and organizing tips, please visit our News section: https://tidytimesaver.com/news/