In my cleaning routine, the fridge is always the last to get really clean. I procrastinate about this appliance partly because I struggle to keep the vegetables from going bad on a daily basis, let alone keeping the inside of my fridge neat and tidy. So I’ve wondered how do I deep clean my fridge? Here’s an easy method that I found and would like to share with you:
- Remove everything from the fridge.
- Toss anything that is expired or moldy.
- Combine the same condiments in one jar to eliminate any extra containers
- In the freezer, throw out any meats or vegetable that have freezer burn
- Remove all drawers and let them soak in warm soap and water. Scrub them clean and completely dry them out before placing them back in the fridge
- Wipe down all shelves with vinegar and water
- Scrub any spills and grime off the walls of the fridge and freezer
- Put everything back organizing contents by produce, meats, freezer items, etc.
- Make sure your storage bins are set to the proper humidity
- Clean the outside of the fridge
- Now you can enjoy your freshly, cleaned fridge!
For more helpful cleaning and organizing tips, please visit our News section: https://tidytimesaver.com/news/