When the seasons start to change, our wardrobe changes as well. Here are 8 easy ways to pack away your winter wear.
- Thin out your wardrobe. Donate what no longer works or fits and discard clothes that are damaged and beyond repair.
- Before you pack everything away, clean everything first. Make sure your clothes are dry. Moisture will cause mold to build on fabric.
- Check pockets and remove all plastic from your garments because plastic traps moisture and that will damage fibers.
- Invest in plastic bins. They work well season to season and are easily stackable in a closet.
- When putting sweaters about, don’t place them on hangers. This will cause them to misshapen.
- Gently fold coats into boxes, storage bins or bags. This will help retain the shape of your coats.
- Pack shoes and winter boots with tissue paper to keep their shape.
- Store all clothes in a cool, clean, dry and dark place.
– The Tidy Time Saver Team
For more helpful cleaning and organizing tips, please visit our News section: https://tidytimesaver.com/news/