The party season is upon us! These are fun and festive days with company Christmas parties and family get-togethers on the schedule. Throwing a party is always fun, but what about the clean up afterwards?
Here are 10 helpful party clean up tips for you to keep your sanity over the holidays:
- Pre-Clean Your Place: Try to tidy up your home before company arrives. That means emptying your dishwasher and getting all the pre-party prep work out of the way before the festivities begin. Your spotless home will not only impress your guests, it will make cleaning up after them that much easier.
- The Clean Up: Collect all the plates, wine glasses, beer mugs, bowls, serving dishes and cutlery and bring back to the kitchen. Then stack dishes into the dishwasher and hand wash more delicate glassware.
- Recycle, Recycle, Recycle: Recycle all bottles, cans and containers to get them out of the way.
- Pick up the Garbage: Throw whatever is not recyclable into the garbage and take the trash bag outside to your bin.
- Spray It Down: Spray down any spills with a natural cleaner and microfiber cloth so stains don’t set in.
- Do the Wash: Take all table linens, bathroom hand towels, etc. to the washer for a good, deep clean.
- Straighten It Out: Straighten out all pillows, throw blankets, side tables and picture frames so everything is back to normal.
- Sweep, Vacuum and Mop: If you only have carpet, it’s just vacuuming – or quick sweep and mop if you have hardwood or laminate floors. You can also use the vacuum on the couch or chairs as needed.
- Throw It Out: Discard of any stale left overs that you will not be eating. There is nothing worse than keeping old food in the fridge.
- Kick Your Feet Up: When the dishes are done, the floor is swept, and the house is quiet, it’s time to kick your feet up, relax and enjoy the holiday season!
– The Tidy Time Saver Team
For more helpful cleaning and organizing tips, please visit our News section: https://tidytimesaver.com/news/