Are you the king of your castle? If there are mountains of laundry, dirty dishes and stacked pizza containers in your home, if so this blog is just for you. So why clean up you ask? Well no one is telling you to become Martha Stewart but it is nice to live in a place that is tidy, neat and clean, isn’t it?
Here are 10 tips to help you clean up your act:
- Recycle – Recycle those pizza containers, beer bottles and left over milk containers. You will be surprised how this little act can clean up your kitchen.
- Clean Out the Fridge – Throw away leftovers from last month and take-away containers of food that you cannot remember ordering. Wipe down the inside of the fridge and replace with fresh food and beverages. Trust us, your girlfriend will appreciate this!
- Sweep, Mop and Vacuum – The 3 commandments of cleaning. Clean up the floors and rugs on a regular basis so no pesky odors are left behind, especially if you have a pet (and we’re not talking a pet goldfish either!).
- Disinfect the Bathroom – Start with the faucet and sink, then clean the toilet and tub. Don’t forget the wipe down the light switch and floors.
- Do the Laundry – Yes, the dreaded laundry. It’s easier if you do it on a regular basis but if you’re stuck between university classes and reports, then try to do it on a regular schedule. That way you won’t have to wear the same t-shirt days in a row leaving your friends to question your fashion shoices. Dry clean suits and other items that are not fit for the washer/dryer.
- Dust – Girls hate it. Guys pretend that it’s not there. Dusting is a chore but your place will be sparkling afterwards if you tackle it! So get that Swiffer out and dust baby!
- Microwave Worries – You’re microwave might look like a war zone but here’s an easy fix…Heat up a mix of vinegar and water in the microwave for a two minutes then wipe it down with a paper towel for an easy clean.
- Wipe Down Appliances and Monitors – Use baby oil or olive oil to wipe down the outside of stainless steel appliances to remove fingerprints and marks. Clean your laptop or TV screen with coffee filters.
- Hang in There – Hang up clothes instead of leaving them on the floor or on a chair. This will also leave your clothes wrinkle free and ready for you next business meeting.
- Wipe Down – Wipe down all mirrors and glass with window cleaner for an extra sparkle!
This may seem like a lot of work but if you build it into your routine, you can tackle each of these tips in 30 minutes. But if you are really stuck for time, call Tidy Time Saver! We can help you keep your man cave fresh and clean.
– The Tidy Time Saver Team
For more helpful cleaning and organizing tips, please visit our News section here.